Tuesday 11 June 2013

Outdoor Music


Musical Tree:
I often put musical instruments outside for the children to experiment with and to make as much noise as they like, which always proves to be a noisy and valuable learning experience. This time however, I thought I would hang various tambourines and bells from the branches of a tree at various heights. The children used wooden spoons, cardboard cylinders and their hands to make our musical tree sing! I hung some instruments quite high so that even the tallest 3 years old needed to jump to ring the bells!


Some of the instruments used to hang from the tree branches.


Musical Pots and Pans





Easy Shakers:


The children painted paper plates with patterns and pictures and set them to dry. I folded the plate in half and stapled around the bottom. The children filled their shakers with a variety of pasta and beans (A great fine motor activity). I then stapled the top of the shaker closed and attached some streamers. 



Let the music begin...

2 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! We pinned this to our Summer Playschool Music board! Thanks for sharing this with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Hope to see you again next week! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/search/label/Eco-Kids%20Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! And the shakers are a great idea! I love that you let the kids decorate the outside. I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete